As a fairly new company, we get this question often. While it may seem like we are offering a similar product as Diamond Candles ™, there are a few differences that we believe set us apart. But first, what do we have in common?
There's no doubt that both Precious Gem Candles ™ and Diamond Candles ™ have amazing customers and fan support. We love how our customers interact with each other on our Facebook, upload photos of their gemstones, and enthusiastically support us. We are beyond grateful for our customers, and want to always treat you with importance and priority!
We believe Diamond Candles ™ offers a great product with an incredible concept. Like our candles, the candles are fun to burn, they are exciting to receive, and have a beautiful surprise inside each one. When you order a Diamond Candle ™, you know you are going to receive a ring worth $10 - $5000. We decided to offer loose gemstones in our candles so you as the customer have the freedom to choose what to do with your hidden prize. Every gemstone is genuine and has a value of at least $20, but can be valued up to $5000! And, we guarantee that one in every 1,000 candles contains a diamond.
Surprise candles make excellent gifts! We love the idea of being able to give someone a gift that feels incredibly special and made just for them. That is why we offer our candles to be engraved with a monogram…and it’s free! The candles arrive ready to gift in a beautiful, colorful container with a silver lid. Once opened, you’ll see the candle wrapped in white tissue paper, which is almost like getting to open it twice. Imagine smelling the candle as soon as you take it out of the box and the excitement of removing it from the tissue paper to see your monogram on the reusable glass!
Diamond Candles ™ prides itself in offering eco friendly soy candles. Likewise, Precious Gem Candles ™ are also made from soy. Precious Gem Candles ™ has been in the candle making business for 14 years. Throughout the years, we’ve tested countless brands of soy wax and wicks, and we have chosen the highest quality of soy wax that we’ve found, as well as soy wicks. This allows our candles to be called non-toxic as well as clean-burning and environmentally friendly.
One of the things we worked very hard on when developing our candles was choosing and creating exclusive, high-end fragrances. At this time, our soy candles come in 26 different fragrances, and we also have a line of 19 massage candle scents. Paired with our high-quality soy wax, our candles will fill your home with luxurious fragrance.
Our massage candle line is also something that differentiates us from Diamond Candles ™. The massage candles are made from an exclusive formula we’ve created that offers incredible moisturizing benefits with ingredients like shea butter and jojoba oil. And, they still contain a hidden gemstone, just like the soy candles!
If you’ve shopped for both Diamond Candles ™and Precious Gem Candles ™, you may have noticed one obvious difference in that Diamond Candles ™ are colored while our soy candles are uncolored. There are two reasons we make our soy candles uncolored. One is to keep them as natural as possible. The second reason is that we want you to not have to choose between scent and color. The natural color allows you to burn your favorite scent in any room with any color scheme, and you don't have to worry about loving the scent but disliking the color.
Our name, PRECIOUS GEM CANDLES ™, comes with two different meanings. First, we love the idea that you can give a gift with a brand name that has a message in it on it’s own ….. “You are a precious gem.” Anyone giving the gift of a Precious Gem Candle ™ can give it with this special meaning. Second, our company is committed to supporting the awareness of children trafficking, and gives to help bring an end to this horrific situation in which countless children are trapped. As a company, we give 5% of sales, along with our time, to this cause. For this reason, you can always know that when you purchase a Precious Gem Candle ™ gift, you are doing more than just buying a candle gift.
One last difference is our price tag. Our price includes guaranteed shipping. We've added a lot of information about this difference at FAQ's.
There are many wonderful candles on the market today, and you can now purchase Precious Gem Candles ™ in retail stores, as well as at www.preciousgemcandles.com. We have much to be proud of in our products, and we hope you will decide to give Precious Gem Candles ™ a try.
If you are a first time customer, and would like to request a coupon to try our candles, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for a first-time customer coupon. We would love to send you a coupon code!
Here it is, Sunday afternoon, a day usually designated for rest. But today we're not resting because there's too much excitement!! Oh, we are getting our R&R for the most part, but we had to take a few minutes to do something very special!! I'll bet you're wondering what is so special about making a few candles from home??
Well, every other day our candles are made in our warehouse which is located in Spearfish, SD. But today these 3 candles are being made at home because ....
SOMEBODY IS GETTING A DIAMOND IN THEIR CANDLE!!!!!!!
Putting a diamond in a candle isn't something we do just any day of the week, and it's an exciting thing to us to be able to put a diamond in your candle!! This is something we celebrate, and today was a special day for that. Kind of fitting that it's Thanksgiving weekend and we can say "Thank you" for being a loyal customer! We don't take it for granted, and we try to give back to you as much as possible! So
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE ONE RECEIVING THIS SPECIAL CANDLE WITH THE $1,200 DIAMOND!!
So what's your favorite Thanksgiving meal tradition? Mine is Sweet & Sour Red Cabbage!! It's not for everyone, but I make my own and it's MUCH better than the store-bought. I use a family scandanavian recipe which I've modified over the years. I make it in the crock pot the day before because it's easier and it's better if you let it marinate an extra day. We want to see a photo of your Thanksgiving family favorite, so be ready with your camera to upload to us on Thursday!!!
2 T. bacon grease
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 C. grape jelly
3 T. balsamic vinegar
1/2 t. caraway seed
3 lb. red cabbage, chopped
1 green apple, chopped
1 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
Melt bacon grease. Add onion, vinegar and caraway seed and bring to boil. Pour into crockpot and stir in grape jelly until it's melted. Add chopped red cabbage, apple, salt & pepper. Cook on low for several hours .... until cabbage is limp. Every couple hours, using tongs, toss cabbage in marinade. Of course, I taste it along the way, and add more balsamic vinegar if it's too sweet and not enough sour. When it's done, cool and then put into a container and refrigerate overnight. Reheat on stovetop or in oven for your Thanksgiving meal!
If you follow us on Facebook then you have probably already seen this delectable treat. But for those who haven't, here is a really yummy fall recipe to add to your list. Hope you enjoy!
BUTTER PECAN BAKED APPLES
5 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
5 Tbsp. butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup craisans
1/3 cup pecans, chopped
3 Tbsp. Old-fashioned Oats
1 tsp. orange zest
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup apple cider
Trim 1/4" off the bottom of 4 apples. Cut 1/2" off the top and save. Peel the apples and take out the core leaving 1/2" wall.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a cast iron pan, melt 1 Tbsp. butter. Place apples top side down and saute until caramelized; about 3 to 4 minutes.
Click HERE to see where we found this fabulous treat! Happy Fall Baking!
People have used candles to create mood and ambience in their environment for ages. A scented candle is a modern twist that combines the science of aromatherapy with age-old tradition to offer a soothing, stress-free environment. In addition to making good use of your scented soy candle, there are also other ways you can alter your environment to help usher peace into your daily life. Here are some ideas:
· Listen & watch inspiring things: whether it is music or a television program, choose some moments to tune out the sounds of drama, mayhem, and violence and instead tune into some inspiring instrumentals, meditation music, an uplifting television program, or whatever it is you find uplifting to your mind.
· Silence: sometimes there is too much noise in our day-to-day and in our homes. Finding time to tune out all noise or sound can produce a very mind-stabilizing effect. You can create noise-free zones in your home, or create specific times of the day to have complete silence.
· Lighting: Lighting has psychological affects and impacts moods. Very bright light can have an irritable effect on an already irritable person. In the same way, turning down lights can help to sooth a stress-laden mind. Be conscious about the lighting in your home and tap into how it makes you feel. When you can and want to, turn down the artificial lights and light a precious gem candle for an ultimate moment of relaxation.
· Home décor: The colors of your furniture, curtains and even carpet can affect mood. Decorations on the wall or other objects of beauty affect your sense of well-being and belonging in ways you may not realize. Is the way your home is decorated conducive to creating a stress-free, peaceful environment?
· Organization: Many people are negatively affected by disorganization or clutter in their homes. If you are one of those, devote some time to organizing and de-cluttering your home. This will contribute to stronger sensations of clarity which will help to reduce stress levels.
· Natural light and scenic views: Natural light is known for its positive effects on the mind and spirit. Scenic views of nature are also known to be uplifting. If you have access to either on your home, think about how to capitalize on them in your daily life.
As hard as this is to believe, we are coming up on those Fall breaks in school. Holidays are nearing quicker than we can blink an eye which means, on top of everything else, we have to start thinking about how to show our teachers how much we appreciate them pouring into our kids on a daily basis.
With all the food to start stocking up for, the cleaning for family to either come to town or the preparing for you leaving town to go visit family, before you know it you find yourself going, "Oh no! We need a gift for your teacher." Insert this scene: running last minute into the Hallmark store or trying to bake some goodies (as if you're not baking enough already) that you throw in a cute gift bag, tie a bow, and call it good. There is no shame in this, we all do and have done this, and it's not that it isn't special. However, what if we did something a little bit more unique this year? What if ahead of time we had the perfect gift all set aside for our special teachers? No extra baking involoved, no last minute running around town, just a simple click online, shipped to you in beautiful packaging, and voila! Teacher Appreciation gift? Check!
You probably already know what I'm talking about...one of our Precious Gem Soy Luxury Candles. Come to think of it, it would be like two gifts in one! A wonderfully scented soy candle, and then a surprise gem hidden inside. Monogram the candle for free to put an extra personal touch on it, and if you really want to go all out, check out our glass lockets to add to your gift. I bet you double to nothing when you come back from fall break your child's teacher has her beautiful gem displayed in the locket and is wearing it proudly around her neck. How special would that be to know you touched her heart and made her feel appreciated.
Teachers are gems. They sacrifice so much day in and day out for our kids and they probably don't get enough thanks for it. If you were wondering what you could do for your childs's teacher this year, why not a soy candle? Let's show them we see their sacrifice and bless them immensely this year. They deserve it!
A scented candle has the gift of both aroma and firelight to promote sensations of ease and relaxation. While you savor your precious gem candle, meditate on these other ideas for increasing relaxation in your body and in your environment.
· A warm bath: heat and water are known for their relaxing properties. Warm water eases muscle tension. The soothing effects on the body soothe the mind in turn.
· Inspiring music: we are musical creatures by nature. Music has the ability to guide our tap into our emotions. We hear music all the time, but maybe do not hear inspiring music often enough. Create an environment of instant peace with soothing instrumental or meditation music to help your thoughts relax and worries dissolve.
· Nature sounds: a nature CD can help recreate the feeling of being out in nature with sounds that are very soothing to the senses.
· Quiet: alternatively, it is hard for many of us to find peace and quiet. You may dedicate a few moments to blocking out all noise from your apartment or home, and allow the effect of silence to impact your mind.
· A deep massage (with a massage soy candle): massages are sublime; they combine the power of human touch with the science of muscle behavior. A deep massage with one of our scented massage soy candles is the perfect thing to unwind and rejuvenate your spirit. It may even put you to sleep!
· Low or dimmed lights (or candle light): lighting affects our mood; it can contribute to our irritability or soothe it. Low or dimmed lighting, or candle lighting can help you create a non-
· Aromatherapy (from your scented soy candle): aromatherapy has long been lauded for its therapeutic effects. Pleasing scents take us to other places. Lighting some incense or your scented soy candle can do trick to give you the sense of ease you need.